If you have been around my blogs for any length of time, then you know my love for digital stickers on student work. I usually create mine in Google Slides and have tutorials to do so. Did you know you can also create these stickers in Canva? Well today is the day to learn all about it.
- Click create a design and set your page to square. I used a 10 in by 10 in design.
2. Next, find the elements you want to use. I picked a sun and then “shine” to get the orange pieces around it. That is the part I plan to rotate during the animation. I also want it to say, “Your work shines” so I add “Your work” with a text box.
3. Now click the duplicate button on this page.
4. On this new page we will do 2 things. First, rotate the orange shine part by clicking on that element and using the rotate handle that appears. Second, I used one of the text elements and found one that looked shiny and added the S for shines.
5. Continue with these steps, rotating the sun and adding a letter to shines until you have the word shines spelled out. I ended up with 7 pages.
6. Now the fun part begins. First we want to set the timing for our stop motion. The timing is located in the top bar. I set mine to 0.2 but you can play around with this. 0.1 is faster, 0.3 is slower.
7. Now it’s time to download our design. Click the share button, then download, then select GIF at the bottom.
Here is you animated sticker. This isn’t the only way to animate stickers in Canva. This is actually very similar to the Google Slides process. These are also not transparent but you can always try unscreen.com. Sometimes it works.
I hope you found this tutorial useful. As I have mentioned in previous posts, my students LOVE animated stickers on their digital work and I teach high school. These stickers are for everyone!! And look at that, I didn’t use a Bitmoji even though you can connect your Bitmoji to Canva. What?!? Maybe we can do that the next time.