With our first week of school complete, I now have a good idea about how INB is going to work in my classroom. For the most part my students like it. It is taking a little longer than I planned and with early dismissals for heat, I’m a little behind. We spent the second day of class setting up the notebook and then began taking notes. I am precutting all of the material right now, hoping to save some time. Some students still don’t have their supplies, so I am providing glue sticks and notebooks. I hope most of them eventually get supplies because it could get a little expensive for me if they don’t.
On page one, we used the information sheet the students filled out the first day and the second page is the student success page with important information from the class. Page 3 has the Unit 1 Table of Contents and we have our data tracking page behind that. I’m putting the tab (half of a mini post-it) for Unit 1 on this page because we will need to return to data tracking and table of contents frequently.
This is my first page of notes in the INB. We are putting the standard at the top of the page. I used the Frayer Model for the vocab word equation. The Inverse Operations page is from Math=Love (thanks for sharing!)
The next page is from Everybody is a Genius (also thanks for sharing!) and we glued the side down so they would fold out. I also have a special case foldable that is on an example page.
I still feel like I’m finding my way, but I like what we’ve done so far. I hope I can get the time factor figured out so I don’t get too far behind in my curriculum. I haven’t been able to use the activities I’ve planned either (due to time) so I hope I can figure that out too.
1 thought on “Interactive Notebooking – the beginning”
I’m finding the notebooks are taking much longer than I anticipated also. But they seem so worth it.